Thursday, July 22, 2004

Passport Song

Genre: 80s pop song
Date: 7.15.04



Description:

My friend Nancy has recently moved to Europe to be with her fabulous boyfriend who she met in South America.  Very long story, the net of which is that she will soon be living in France.  She invited me to visit, but I couldn't go right away because, sadly, I did not have a passport.  I know, I know - sad but true.  I've never been anywhere that requires a passport.  It finally came in the mail last week (it was debateable whether or not it would come since I don't have a driver's license and a state-issued ID that looks exaclty like a driver's license but has no expiration date may not have been good enough to get a passport blah blah).  The picture is ok - its not bad considering they wouldn't retake it and I'm so ridiculously unphotogenic.  The only problem is that there's this ridiculous stray section of hair right over my face.  THE HORROR.  So now I have a passport, and with it comes all of this pressure to travel!  Everyone's like "Where are you going to go?"  So many options.  I just don't know.  I definitely want to go to France at some point soon.  But I don't know where my life is headed, and I just can't commit.

Lyrics:

When I got home from work today I received a nice surprise
My long awaited passport has arrived

Until 2014 I can go anywhere I want
As a US citizen I'll plan vacations
Or most likely I won't
Cuz I have noone to go with

Egypt, France, Australia, Kenya
Anywhere I want well maybe not Cuba
The world is mine
Italy it's about time
But I probably won't go there
Cuz I have noone to share it with

My passport is a ticket to feel even more pathetic

No comments: