Tuesday, July 20, 2004

It's Halloween and Only I Know

Genre: Dance!
Date: 7.9.04


 
Description:
 
So my friend Lisa just uprooted her entire life and took a job in Maryland.  Good for her!  She's totally starting over - doesn't know anyone down there, but she knows she needs change.  I am extremely envious.  Hopefully my similar plan will come into effect soon.  At any rate, as part of her going away activities she decided we should all go to ManRay.  I'd never been.  I figured it's something you have to do, at least once.  So I went.  I was very nervous - like I wasn't sure I had the right thing to wear, wasn't sure the people there would be able to tell I was an imposter, wasn't sure if there would be bondage-related activities going on in the restrooms.  My repressed-Catholic self was really showing its anxious tendencies that night!  Rebecca was kind enough to accompany me, and we had fun applying very dark makeup to our eyes and wearing, eureeka!, wigs.  I guess wigs are our fetish.  Strangely enough, I realized at the club that I do indeed have a fetish - boys in skirts.  Don't know why.  It was an experience - interesting, but just not my scene. 
 
Lyrics:
 
I am sitting on a velvet couch not wanting to dance
While everyone around me is in a rhythmic trance
And the girl sitting next to me is not wearing pants
 
Here you can be whoever you want to be
As long as you are dark and angsty
At the fetish club it's interesting but not at all fun
 
Here I am a tourist, my lips are too pink
Unisex bathrooms not sure what I think
 
Men in latex skirts and robot shirts
Medieval corsets, lace and capes
Dark makeup on pale faces
For me its an opportunity to wear the skanky outift that I'd never wear as me
 
And actually the girl with the spinal column tatoo is cool
It must have been painful
I guess pain is a fetish I really just don't get this
 
Consumed with envy
Jealous that they've all found where they fit
In my wig and leggings I sit
Watching them dance alone, blissfully
 
I am wishing wishing wishing for a hip hop club that doesn't require a uniform
Until then I'll be stuck wiping black from eyes for the rest of the time
 
At the fetish club there's a show
It's like its Halloween and
Only I know....
 

1 comment:

Beth said...

Dude... love this song. It really takes me back to ManRay. That reminds me, are you going on Aug. 13th? I don't feel like you got the full experience... there wasn't even a dominatrix that night.