Thursday, July 22, 2004

Mermaid Parade

Genre: Emo
Date: 6.26.04



Description:

Those of you who know me know that I love going to psychics.  Not because I believe them, but more because its kind of like therapy.  I've been wanting to write a song about going to a psychic for a long time.  This song kind of sucks - I hate the arrangement, it's extremely melodramatic, but I'm putting it up anyway because this psychic I went to really freaked me out and ruined my day.  But it felt good anyway.

Lyrics:

Time warp, hot dogs, Coney Island's in full force
Mermaids, bullets of paint and a fortune teller in full garb
I'll have her read my cards

She said "My dear, I can see you've been unlucky
So much pain, you poor poor thing
But my dear, you've had opportunities
You can't hold onto things
You don't let anyone know you
There are nice things for people to know...

"The one you're with now, it's in limbo,
he's not the one, just so you know
In 2005, the one will arrive,
and it will be for life...

"You thought you find your soulmate, pain pain pain
There's a woman who's wishing you pain pain pain
Your karma - it's bad
You resent your dad
You hate your career
You're searching, you're hoping to find yourself here...

"My dear, so much to fix
My dear, my dear, it will get better than this."

It was so fucked up how well she knew me
It felt so good to have somebody know me

No comments: