Tuesday, June 06, 2006

WC Came to Visit and So I Experienced NYC - Part II

We woke up on Saturday morning, ready for a full day of being tourists.

Since we left the apartment at a reasonable hour, I hoped that my quest for a breakfast burrito would lead us to Vynl, this cute new place near my apartment that is always mobbed. It was not mobbed (woo!) and they had a breakfast burrito! Bliss. Vynl is mod, funky, and music-themed and has all sorts of musician action figures throughout the restaurant.

So how jealous are all of you that we got to sit at the booth with the New Kids on the Block action figures? I knew you would be!

We then headed up to The Met where we saw armor and weaponry and sculptures (finally!) and not everything but seeing everything is impossible. We walked through Central Park. We stopped, again, due to stamina and had a snack before heading to the Museum of Natural History, but thought better of it and decided to rest our feet back at the apartment and possibly take naps.

I didn't feel good at all. I think I ate something wrong. Or didn't eat enough. Or my sugar was just weird. I totally passed out while WC wandered around Times Square. D woke me up and I still felt bizarre. I tried having a salad, but it didn't really help.

I tried to pick a restaurant for dinner but I had a hard time. I was determined to find tapas, in the East Village, for WC. I tried to make reservations, I looked at 438 menus on menupages.com. We finally decided on a Brazilian place on 1st or A. I can't remember. By the time we were seated it was 10:00. We had lovely conversation while drinking peach sangria. I had spinach/ricotta balls and then an endive salad with goat cheese and cocunut-rum-infused-bananas which tasted so much better than it sounds.

We were exhausted after dinner so headed back to the apartment and began watching Shopgirl, the creepiest movie of all time.

1 comment:

Miss Pickle said...

Soooo jealous of the NKOTB booth. *sigh*

Sounds like a fun weekend! And so glad that someone else thought Shopgirl was creepy. Seriously!