Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Jedi Mind Trick

I think I may be a Jedi, because I think it was I who miraculously convinced Father to take the family on a cruise of the Mediterranean.

Yes, folks, The Lar's will be going to Europe in August. Previously we have gone to Quebec (with Father on business), New Hampshire, and Orlando. I had been on a plane a total of three times before college. Father took us on a cruise of the Caribbean in 1999 when his mother gave him his inheritance before he died. I promised myself then that I would never go on another trip with The Parents. He's just gotten a lovely new job after having been laid off yet again and for some reason has revamped his entire philosophy regarding all things monetary (read: cheap) and is taking us on a cruise of Italy!!! Needless to say I have revamped my philosophy regarding trips with parents (read: free trip to Europe? duh).

How very exciting, and how very, very, very bizarre.

No comments: