Friday, May 05, 2006

It Was Impossible For Me To... (aka Not So-lame)

... rent my apartment (although still up in the air will this ever end!? and why do I have to pay all of May even though someone will be living there?), get my eyeglasses refund, get my tax refund, and get Radiohead tickets in the same week.

I swear the tickets sold out in approximately one second.

I'd hatched an elaborate scheme in which D and I would both attempt to get tickets by computer, work phone, and cell phone (in my case) at exactly 10:00 am. "Make sure you are at your desk at 10! Call if you get the tickets."

D kept saying "I really don't think it's going to sell out..."

"Look, it is going to sell out. It will sell out in five minutes."

"No, it won't. I don't think anyone knows about this."

"Everyone knows about this! It's all over every blog out there!"

I finally conceded and said that the 5-prong approach to getting tickets was of use because we would be assured actual seats and not have to stand. D was sold.

But it didn't matter, because there were no tickets remaining at 10:01.

I am sad, but things are otherwise acceptable. The weather is nice, it is the weekend, experiments are working, I am going to go to bed early tonight...

And D and I went to The Cirque last night in a rare example of my weilding my girlfriendly powers of coercion.

Half way through the first act, D leaned over and whispered "This is fucking rad!" and I thought "Oh how I love this boy."

We took the ferry to and from the Cirque, and ooh-ed and aah-ed over the skyline.

I do appreciate the wonders of digital photography and the fact that everyone can develop their photographic skills, but dear god must people ruin everything with their cameras? The dark ferry ride back to 34th Street was tained by every third person with his or her digital camera popping flashes every two seconds. I wanted to kill everyone.

I am looking forward to the weekend, although not to tonight when I succomb to the boyfriendly powers of coercion and attend a Cinco de Mayo party (and yes, I have had the Liz Phair song in my head all day and it will not go away!) that I have no desire to go to. I had no desire to go even before I learned that VB will be in attendance. Tomorrow will be unpacking and breakfast and a free movie and another party I'm not terribly excited about but I have duties to perform. Hopefully there will be time for the flea market and a moment to gawk at David Blaine in the bubble. Sunday will be sleeping in (!) and then nothing in particular other than possibly performing more girlfriendly duties that involve an hour plus train ride to NJ to meet a friend who is an email-once-a-month friend to whom he is not close but "I want you to meet her!" so I guess I have to. Maybe a movie. Maybe laundry. Maybe a doughnut. Maybe groceries. Ah, groceries, it's been too long.

Until Monday...

No comments: