Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Impossible

I had a change of heart last week and decided that I wasn't jealous that D gets to go to the Mission Impossible 3 premier because I was, in all honesty, thrilled by the idea of being in my apartment alone! All by myself! With spare hours to clean the bathroom and find receipts and go through photos and organize books and watch my very own DVDs by myself! Yeah!!!

I have very much been looking forward to a night alone, a night on which I will be able to go to bed at 10 pm after sitting in bed eating cookies and watching Breakfast On Pluto, which has been sitting, unopened, in its red Netflix envelope for a week.

Oh yes, the idea of going to be early has sustained me today, as I go through the day in delirium interrupted only by the occasional energy brought upon by trying to conjure up a phone call from The Management or The Potential Tenant.

D sent me an email this afternoon indicating that he may not be going to the premier, because it starts later than he thought - in that, he is supposed to meet his friend at 6:00 but the movie doesn't start until 9:30 and this is not something he is terribly interested in.

I tried to convince him that this was interesting! A great opportunity! Tom Cruise! With bangs! What fun! And the movie will be free! Yes! YAY! Rah!

I then convinced myself that it wouldn't be the end of the world if he didn't go, because we could, together, get the apartment a bit in order after last night's book/CD explosion and then we could watch separate movies and be alone but together.

He appeared a few moments ago and said "Well, we're going to head up there and see what's going on and if its at 9:30 we're going to bail and hang out... we'll probably just come back to the apartment and just chill out and listen to music or something."

OH NO YOU WILL NOT!

I didn't say that, of course, because the first time these sorts of things happen you don't really know what to say because you hadn't realized that these sorts of things could become issues.

I said "Oh... ok... well... you know... I am going to be early. Like really. early. And if you're going to hang out at the apartment... can you just call me so I'm not, like, in my pajamas or something? Yeah... can you just call me?" instead of saying "Could you guys maybe go out for a drink? I'd really like to be alone. And unconscious as soon as possible."

Ugh. Hopefully he'll call either way at which time I can say "Hey - why don't you two go grab a drink somewhere not in the apartment?"

Yeah. I'll totally say that. Right. Wish me luck.

No comments: