Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Showtime, Synergy

Instead of showing the accursed apartment last night, I opted to take a break and dine with my friend J.

When J and I get together, we eat too much and drink even more. We split a bottle and salad and cheese plate and bread pudding. We devoured baguette. I accidentally ate meat because there was meat in one of the breads in the bread basket, but did I care? No, because I was happy drunk.

Which resulted in my taking the wrong train home. I wasn't thinking. I was on auto pilot, and therefore heading, apparently, to my old apartment.

I realized as soon as I got on the train that I was on the wrong train. It's not that I was on the wrong train - I was just on an express train that wouldn't stop at the closest stop to my apartment.

I got off at the stop nearest to my apartment and exited on the northwest side of the street, and then proceeded to walk south... to MY OLD APARTMENT.

It took me two blocks to realize that I was going the wrong way.

As soon as I realized what I was doing, I smiled and basically started running home because I thought "Wait! Yay! I live with D! And D is there, at my apartment, waiting for me! I can see him very soon!"

I literally ran.

And when I walked in, I fell all over him and smiled and thought "This is how it will be once my life is back to normal and I don't have to be a realtor by night."

Scientist by day, rock star... er... realtor by night. Heh.

1 comment:

Reb said...

HI LL
I MISS YOU!!!! Perhaps if when showing your apartment....you show them pics of those first crazy apartments you looked at...it might help people realize how great that place is. ..."Hey this place is great....and there is NO random Shower in Kitchen" or "Hey look at the nice room structure....NO Donut circular funhouse feel"..... Just trying to help. Love you!