Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Please

Is it asking too much of the gods-of-things-actually-working-out-and-not-being-a-total-pain that both the shelves and CD cabinet be delivered as scheduled and that my apartment be rented all in the same day?!

Oh please, please, please make this the best day ever. Please.

A hyper-enthusiastic guy sent me not one but three emails last night, begging me to show him the apartment. When I got off the phone with him after a 20 minute conversation, I said "That was the guy who is going to live in my old apartment. I just know it." I begged D to show it to him at 8:00 am today. I said "This guy is overeager. He wants the apartment this minute. If we show it to him first thing in the morning, he will get the ball rolling immediately and will be living there by the end of tomorrow. I just know it. This guy is motivated. He has follow-through ability."

"What about that other girl?"

"Screw that other girl! She didn't follow through! She's irresponsible. I can tell these things about people! She is not going to get her ass in gear to apply for the apartment. This is the guy."

D, bless him, agreed to show the apartment.

I said "Look, I know it's early in the morning, but I swear this guy is going to take it. He is going to be there at 8:00, but I have a feeling he's actually going to show up at 7:20. I can just tell."

At 7:30 this morning D's phone rang, and it was the guy, saying that he was already at the apartment.

I knew it!

D claimed that the guy wanted the apartment and that he was headed directly over to the management post-viewing.

I called the guy at around noon. He was amidst trying desperately to get all of his paperwork in order - proof of employment, W-2's, all the nonsense required to live in New York City. He said that if they gave him the apartment, that he would take it.

He also said that he was going to try to talk them down on the rent and that he was still going to look at a few more places this afternoon and that he would call me when he knew what was going on.

He hasn't called.

I am freaking out.

What if they were distressed by his trying to talk them down on the rent and they are not giving him the apartment just to spite him?

What if he found a better apartment?

What if he was run over by a bus on the way to the office?

WHY ISN'T HE CALLING ME!?!??!?

I hate dealing with strangers. Seriously. I finally had a good feeling about someone and now this! How can I trust anyone? How can I trust what people tell me? So many people have claimed to be "definitely taking the apartment" and still nobody has!

Please please please let this guy take the apartment so that this nonsense can be over.

Update:

The shelves and cabinets have arrived, which means that the apartment will not be rented. I figured, at best, we'd get 2 out of 3. Ugh.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh my God... the ups and downs and emotional turmoil of this damn apartment "quest" are killing me! I can only imagine how this is ripping your insides to shreds! I feel yukky for you. I really hope this is over soon.