Monday, July 25, 2005

I Spent More Money on the Cab Ride from JFK to My Apartment Than I Did In a Week in Buenos Aires

Hello folks. I am back from Buenos Aires and for the first time in my life am happy about humidity. It is a hot, gross day in New York City and it feels amazing. The concrete is boiling and life is good.

Last night, prior to seeing Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, D asked "So, have you had the chance to reflect on the trip?"

"No, not really. We just got back. And, well, what do you mean?"

"You know. Like how your world view has changed. That sort of thing."

"Hmmm. I don't think my world view has changed," I said.

"Really?" he asked in disbelief.

"Wait. Well. Has yours?"

"I don't know yet. I haven't had time to reflect."

I've been reflecting today, and am feeling much better about New York City. And life in general, because I think there are problems everywhere.

So yeah. I'm back and work already sucks. Nothing worked today. My boss is going to flip out when he gets back from the company outing, which I did not attend because "company outing" means "family day" and I am without family here. My apartment somehow managed to get extremely dirty while I was gone. My wallet is already hurting. I've spent almost as much in two days in NYC than I did for a week in Buenos Aires.

Surprisingly, I don't care. Warm weather has miraculous properties.

So yes. I have returned and am back to being boring. Tonight I am going to pick up laundry (yes! clean clothes!) and clean my bathroom. Woo. Hoo. And then I will sleep. Lots.

I had a great time in Buenos Aires. The pre-trip drama was resolved and things are now better than they've ever been. I think feeling equal can save relationships. The faces were beautiful. The food and drink were plenty. The wedding was amazing. The air was cold but the people were not.

I will post some photos and stories from the trip when I get a chance.

OK. Now I must work. Yeah. Awshummmmm.

No comments: