Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Lord of the Flies

There is a fly in my room.

It is driving me nuts. I know I have no chance against it so I just have to let it fly around and annoy me.

I was happy to find that there were zero cockroaches in my apartment after my return from Buenos Aires. Sweet!

There are, however, fruit flies. Which is weird considering there is zero food here.

And there is also this Big Brother Fly, which keeps flying in front of my face and keeps brushing against my legs.

If it wasn't 80 million degrees I'd hide under my blankets.

Remember how I said I was happy to be back in warm weather? I take it back. 95 degrees is just not cool under any circumstances.

I am irritated right now. D is out with a friend of his from out of town and has been all "I want you to meet him! We must figure out a way for you to meet him!" and then called at 8:00 and said "I don't know what we're doing... we've just been hanging out and can't make a decision... we're going to go to the Knitting Factory Bar and will figure out what to do from there..." and then again at 9:00 and said "We still don't know what we're doing... we're just sitting here talking so we probably won't do anything so you should just do whatever you were going to do."

Right.

Because what I was going to do was wait around and be on call to meet the friend, but apparently I am invited only if the plan involves something other than sitting around and talking and having so much fun that they decide not to do anything else.

I don't get it.

I just don't get it.

I hate that I have to not be invited to things, and then have to be awoken from sleep so he can stay here while his friend stays at his apartment. I hate that the third friend's fiance met up with them. How did she manage to get a concrete invite?

I hate people.

And flies.

But! In exciting news, with my "time to do whatever I was going to do" I revisited some old My Mundane Life in Song songs that I never finished because I moved to New York City. So get ready, readers, for some totally bizarre songs from last summer. I'm pretty pysched, actually, to finish them. Luckily I recorded the music for them and never finished vocals since recording vocals is a challenge with roommates. Since I am now sans keyboard I can't do music like this anymore, so its a treat to get to do something synthy, even if its old.

YEAH!

So yes. Next time I am all pathetic and waiting around for my boyfriend to de-invite me to things without actually informing me I will be able to post some new (old) songs!

Oh. He is here. I suppose I should talk to him. Except that he's drunk. Awshummmmm.

Until tomorrow.....

No comments: