Thursday, July 28, 2005

Noticed

I waltzed into work this morning, late, due to a vile mood.

Vile, vile, vile.

As a direct result of vile mood, I placed approximately 11x more effort than usual into my appearance this morning. I did things that, gasp, involve hairspray! There's a theory that if you think you look good you may actually start feeling good, so whatever. I figured I'd give that a shot since, well, there are really no other options because I just can't feel good about things right now.

I walked into the lab, and who did I see? A My Mundane Life In Song alunmi who hasn't been representing lately - Jimmy!

I gave Jimmy the air guns and said "Good morning sir!"

He said "Hey girlie... how you be?"

"I'm good," I lied, enthusiastically, to overcompensate.

He said "Well, you look good."

"THANKS!" I said. AH HA! It works! Because, when people tell you that you look good, you actually feel good!

Then he said "Well, that's just the top of the deck. I'll leave what's on the inside to you."

Dang.

How did he know?

No comments: