Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A Few Observations...

... about the people of Buenos Aires:

1. Good looking.

2. Really good looking.

3. Actually, come to think of it, obscenely good looking.

D and I were discussing this, and D said "Seriously. Look around. Do you really think that there are more good looking people here than there are in NYC?"

There probably aren't more good looking people in Buenos Aires than there are in New York. I think, rather, its a matter of taste. My taste happens to border on darker, European-looking people. Dare I say... Italian looking people. Throw in some Spanish and DAMN. From the moment we got on the plane in NYC I noticed the men. I couldn't stop looking.

And the women! Wow.

I suppose if you like the blonde or tall aesthetic, you're out of luck.

But I was quite satisfied with the eye candy.

P's entire family is really good looking. There was a photo at his parents' house of his sister's wedding that looked like it was out of a magazine. His sister is gorgeous, and her husband is equally gorgeous. Their baby could quite possibly be the cutest baby ever.

P's brother is also adorable. And his girlfriend is, well, gorgeous. At the wedding, M leaned over and said "Imagine what their babies would look like!" and I couldn't even handle the thought.

P himself is adorable as well.

4. Another thing that pleases me about the people of Buenos Aires is the frequency of the moustache! Yes! Moustaches are apparently "in" in Buenos Aires, which gives me great satisfcation on both ironic and actual levels. I think 70% of the cab drivers we had sported fabulous moustaches. But, the most fabulous moustache of all belonged to P's father:

Moustache

5. Everyone was so very nice. They were friendly and chatty and patient and cute.

6. Affectionate! I love kissing strangers. My pet love is "Hello, my name is Leah Lar, pleased to meet you!" kiss on the cheek.

That is all.

For now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what's the deal? why are you checking out women?? mymundanelifeinsong readers want to know! and where's the songs?? more music, less yappin!