Thursday, May 19, 2005

Revenge of the Sith Activities - Part II

I was so excited after having experienced Star Wars fever in the afternoon that I decided to go back to The Ziegfeld at night to see more!

I knew it would be torture since I did not have tickets to the premier, but decided to deal with the torture since this would be the last time this would ever happen!

When I arrived, The Ziegfeld was prepared for Revenge of the Sith:

Revenge Of The Sith

There was a spotlight, red carpet, and Storm Troopers loitering:

Spotlight



At one point the Storm Troopers sang "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" or whatever that song is to some girl who was dressed up as Princess Leia. It was adorable.



Here are some photos from the line:



Smoking











This guy was confused:

Spiderman

At 10:00, they let the people who had been waiting forever walk the red carpet:

The Line Starts Here

All of the costumed people who were part of the original bunch then got to walk the red carpet:

gold vader 2

Cell Phone



Yoda and Gold Vader

The Average Joe people were going to be allowed to enter the theater at 11:10, but I didn't want to stick around to see them walk the carpet. I had met a lot of them that afternoon, but couldn't keep my eyes open long enough to show my support.

I wanted to make sure I got a good night's sleep so that I'd be completely lucid tonight when I see Episode III!!!!!

YEAH!!!!

I have my camera with me today, so if anything interesting happens tonight, you will get to see.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea... i never understood the need to see a movie before everyone else. i mean, it's a movie! it's not like the fleeting quality of a live performance. it is immortalized on the film and will exist long after we are all dead. what's a week or two going to matter?

Anonymous said...

well, why eat today? you could eat tomorrow or the next day. The food will still be there. water will still flow...

Anonymous said...

that's absurd. you are comparing media to nourishment?

Anonymous said...

i am comparing it to memories that are created almost 30 years ago. we depend upon these memories just as much as food itself.

Beth said...

Spiderman? mwahahaha! That's hysterical!

I love the juxtaposition of the costume and the cell phone. Good use of the spy cam!

I want pictures of the model girl who cheated on her boyfriend. I also want confirmation of whether or not she dumped him now that she is "fabulous" in NYC.

Anonymous said...

we depend on memories as much as food?? i'm sorry, but that is simply silly. i declare myself the winner of this anonymous debate.

Anonymous said...

it is the difference between cellular processes and the gestalt of these cellular processes. apparently you do not understand the difference.