Friday, May 20, 2005

Aimee Mann at Virgin Megastore

I hate to use the word "megastore." I'd never even been in the "Megastore" (despite using it as a good place to meet people outside of) until yesterday, because I prefer to buy CD's used or from wicked cool places such as Newbury Comics, although I've found no equivalent thus far in NYC.

Aimee Mann was doing an in-store appearance at 6:30. I left work at about 5:15 despite having sauntered in at around 10:05. I wanted to see, dammit! There was no way I'd be able to see if I got there any later than 6:00.

Despite having arrived early, I was still unable to see a thing.

Luckily I had my camera with me (for somebody's going-away lunch and for REVENGE OF THE SITH). Otherwise I'd never even have known what Aimee Mann was wearing.

Aimee Mann at Virgin MegaStore - 1

As always, Aimee Mann was amazing. Her voice is so clear and perfect. She's probably one of the best live performers ever.

Aimee Mann at Virgin MegaStore - 4

She played five new songs and all were amazing. I'd have picked up the new album from the "megastore" and had her sign it had I not had to run to get into the line at the Ziegfeld for the 9:00 showing of REVENGE OF THE SITH!!!!

Anyway, Aimee Mann. Awesome. Grab the new album and see her if you get a chance. Actually, I'd recommend seeing an in-store instead of seeing her live, because, unlike her show at Avalon, nobody was making out in the "megastore."

No comments: