Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Collective Sigh of Relief

You can all sleep well tonight knowing that my laundry, all of it, has been returned to me without issue.

It is all there and it is oh so clean.

And miraculously compressed into 1/8 its original size, so I didn't break my back carrying it this time.

They folded everything into amazing little square packets. My clothes have never looked so beautiful!

People in New York say "Once you drop off laundry you'll never do your own laundry again! You will be hooked! Don't do it!!!" I thought "How uptown girl! I'll never drop off my laundry! I will never be that person!" I determined that it was acceptable to drop off my laundry this one time since I just moved and am without clothes or free time to do laundry but dear god! My clothes are all little squares! It's fabulous!!! Not only do you not have to do laundry, but it takes 1/10 the time to put it away because it is already folded, and folded professionally in a way that I can never even hope to duplicate.

I think I am addicted.

Drat.

3 comments:

Dr. Maureen said...

Uptown girl! You've been living in a downtown world! Da da da da da da da DA DA!

They have folding machines, I think. That's how they get them so neat.

M

Anonymous said...

thank god your clothing is back home and safe! i was really worried there for a bit.

Leah Lar said...

A folding machine!??!?! Where can I get one? I can't even explain to you how miraculous this alleged machine is.