Friday, February 24, 2006

Conventions

I like to play this game with The Javitz Center.

Since I live mere blocks away from the popular convention center, I am priveleged to see conventioners en route to and from whatever convention is being held. In my mind I play "Guess the Convention!" and try to deduce people's professions/interests based on their outfits, demeanors, group behavior, etc.

"International Ninja convention!"

"Pastry Chefs Of the World!"

"Human Resources." (That one comes up a lot)

"Sororities of the South!"

Etc.

Today, however, I knew about the convention before even seeing the Fanboys and Fanchicks walking boisterously to The Javitz Center. This weekend is the giant, exciting, zowie New York Comic Convention! I wanted to stop the conventioners and say "Are those graphic novels in your giant briefcase?"

I was also, of course, fantasizing that I would see Kevin Smith outside of my building.

Oops. I mean, I was fantasizing that Kevin Smith would see me outside of my building.

No comments: