Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Year

Welcome back, kids!

It's a new year.

Ho hum.

I am back to the grind here in NYC. New year, new projects at work. Yesterday was the ease-back-in day during which people slowly reacclimated and did little. I was commended on multiple occasions for working at all. Today its back to normal, with new projects and new stresses.

It's a new year. Does anyone have any interesting resolutions? Is there even such a thing as an interesting New Year's resolution?

I have the usual. They are the same every year and every year I am good for about three minutes and then revert back to my usual ways.

This year's resolutions:

1. Eat fewer cookies per unit time
2. Eat more salads
3. Possibly... gasp... join gym
4. Play more piano (possibly get good again!)
5. Watch fewer Netflixes
6. Read novels
7. Stop forgetting when exhibits end and thereby missing them entirely
8. Be better about keeping in touch with friends via phone
9. Be better about making time to listen to original songs friends have sent me to listen to
10. Travel (more specifically: go to Europe... more precisely, do not become first ever greater than or equal to 30 YEAR OLD person who hasn't been to Europe)
11. Buy and then learn how to use new fancy camera
12. Think about future like serious 30-year-old should
13. Buy fewer pairs of glasses
14. Keep credit card bills to reasonable amount
15. Drink less
16. Hang out less or not at all with people from work
17. Make and keep friends
18. Read articles in Village Voice and not just about what to do
19. Write more songs per unit time - stop neglecting the blog!!!
20. Maintain current good course of relationship with boyfriend

Boring. Mostly reasonable aside from #3. I have to find an all-girl gym so as not to be neurotic about looking retarded in front of boys.

So that's that. 2006. Woo. Hoo.

2 comments:

Lissa said...

read more books... that was one of mine too. I reccomend books by Paulo Coelho. The Alchemist is my favorite place to start, if you haven't read it already...

Beth said...

I love girl gyms. I used to go to Healthworks in Boston and it was great. Expensive, but great. I don't know if NYC has an equivalent, but if they do, I highly recommend it. It's worth the money, especially if they have a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. Bliss! You will want to go just to use the sauna.
-Read CandyFreak, it is awesome. Also, read the curious incident of the dog in the night time. amazing book.
Apparently read more books is my resolution, too, because I've been reading non-stop lately. Which is good!