Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Exhibit

I have been obsessing about the Star Wars Exhibit at the Museum of Science in Boston forever.

I tried to go a few weeks ago when I was in MA for a Christmas party, but there was no time. I was determined to go during this visit. Our first attempt was foiled, but we went back on New Year's Eve, advance tickets in hand, and saw the exhibit.

First of all, we were wrong about what time the tickets were for and I was distressed. We were off by half an hour, which meant we got there half an hour late. I was going to be quite cross if we were foiled a second time.

Second of all, while eating there I ran into my cousin N! I didn't even recognize her at first because I have never seen her out of context. I thought "That 12 year old looks familiar..." and when I realized it was her, I got up and ran over to her. It was adorable because she was awkward and confused because she was with her friends! She didn't know what to say to me or how to introduce me. I decided to leave her alone and then said "D, I think she felt like how we used to feel when we'd like run into a teacher in the grocery store or something!" So cute.

Third of all, this exhibit was not as good as I wanted it to be. I think if I'd paid full price I'd have been disappointed, but because I got in for $3 with my aunt's museum membership I thought it was great. Lots of props, costumes, and models. There was some cool science too - about how human bionic parts are a reality now, etc. I guess we can all rest easy that the fix-up between E and the girl who worked on the Star Wars exhibit didn't work out, because it would have been awkward to pretend to love it.

Anyway, here are photos of some of my favorite Star Wars things, except General Grievous (I thought the maquette was cool):















No comments: