Thursday, December 22, 2005

On Hiatus

The Strike is over.

The good news is that we all get three free days on our unlimited ride Metro cards!

The bad news is that I still have to pack when I get home from work tonight after my sluggish commute on the PATH train.

D and I will be driving up to MA tonight, hopefully without too much strike-related antagonism in the form of obscene traffic out of the city. I am looking forward to some time off, but, as usual, there are millions of things planned. Visits, meals, exhibits, travelling, etc. I want to make sure that we have plenty of time to sit and watch DVD's and Curb Your Enthusiasm episodes. I'd also like to read a bit, sleep late, feel no pressure to do anything.

I don't want to plan.

Mother asked if we were going to church, if so what mass, and did we mind opening presents on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas morning?

I said "I haven't even thought about these things. Can we talk about it when I get home?"

All I can think about right now is what I might want to wear on New Year's Eve and what I might want to bring for CD's in the car tonight. Christmas Eve isn't for two whole days! I can't think about it right now.

All I can think about is effectively getting to MA and starting my vacation.

Anyway, I'm off until the 3rd (2006!!!), so My Mundane Life In Song is on hiatus until the new year.

Have great holidays, enjoy your celebrations, and try to relax.

Until the new year...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woah- you sure get a lot of vacation time! rock on.