Monday, January 30, 2006

French Movies

I was very tired last night when I got back to NYC from Princeton. Brother, D and I were exhausted all day. Why? No idea. We blamed the weird weather (which, incidentally, is even weirder today - it was 61 degrees! in January!).

In spite of my fatigue, I decided to continue blazing through my NetFlix queue, deliriously, by watching A Very Long Engagement, which was a very long historical movie, involving a romance, that flew by, unlike certain other historical romances I had the misfortune of seeing this weekend.

If you haven't already seen it, you must. The cinematography is exquisite exquisite exquisite. It's like one long glowing photography. I wish I'd seen it in the theater. My only complaint is Audrey Tautou, who I usually like, but who was a bit annoying in this movie. Incidentally, I just looked her up to confirm the spelling of her name and am surprised to learn that she was born in 1978! I thought that she was far older than me. Interesting...

Watching a good movie and eating waffles for dinner on the eve of a 61 degree day at the end of january. Does life get any better?

I guess watching a good movie and eating waffles for dinner on the eve of a 61 degree day at the end of january while feeling secure about one's life could be better. But, as The Boss said, it could be worse. We could have been hit by shrapnel while reporting in Iraq. Right.

OK. Until tomorrow...

No comments: