Sunday, January 29, 2006

Christian Bale Wasn't In The New World Until The Last Half Hour - WTF?

Between not having (read "being able to mooch") internet at my apartment these days and massive amounts of tumult/work at the old job, I feel like I haven't had much time to blog.

I've been wondering if I should stop blogging. In my mind, my time in NYC is coming to an end and so should the blog. My focus is so narrow these days. I am trying to figure out the future, make plans, save money, think about things I never think about like closet space and babies. These sorts of things make for boring entries, so I feel like I should just stop. I don't want my entries to be all "I am so stressed out! Again! I don't know what to do!"

This being said, with the feeling that my New York era may be drawing to its close, I will start taking advantage of all things New York, and live a New York life to its fullest while I am still here.

Which could make for interesting blogging.

I don't know. I am torn about everything these days.

Regardless...

I am going to post an entry now! Woo!!!

I am in Princeton right now, visiting Brother. I really wanted to get out of the city, have a good night's sleep without the sounds of taxis and gas station parties preventing me from remaining asleep for more than three seconds. D and I arrived last night and we went to eat dinner at this Mexican place where you could design your own burrito! I ordered mine with "sour cream sauce," because I didn't want to pay the extra 49 cents for actual sour cream (I am so responsible with the whole saving of money). That is my only regret on my designed burrito. Otherwise it hit the spot.

Lately I've been craving gross food. I don't know what that's all about. I am wondering if its in retaliation to "the diet." I've been eating healthy - I've still been eating my normal level of food, just greener food and more balanced food. I think my body is revolting. Yesterday was gluttony. Eggs, toast, facon, apple sauce, hash browns, huge ass burrito inhaled, chips and salsa, chocolate fondue, chocolate cookie pie. And still I am starving.

We then went to see The New World, which D liked and which Brother and I (and the rest of the theater patrons, who either snored loudly or made hysterical comments as to the length of this movie) could not tolerate. It started off well enough... but deteriorated into a movie that would have been better titled Girl Walking Around, Oftentimes Painfully Slowly, While Being Followed Around By Lonely Men. More history, less cheesey love story. The narration was overwrought, and the conflict was one-dimensional. We agreed that we liked the history and wish there had been more of that and less, well, walking around. And frolicking. There should have been more development. The movie didn't need to be 2.5 hours because none of the exposition contributed to the plot. Allegedly they cut out 20 minutes! I can't even imagine.

We then went out for dessert, which proved to be a challenge because everything in Princeton closes at 10:00 pm on a Saturday. I said "It must suck to go to school here!" but Brother pointed out that most people probably hang out in New York City. We finally found a college bar that had fondue. Sweet.

We came back to Brother's and watched The Aristocrats, and I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

On Friday I went to see Bench Buddy perform in a standup showcase in the East Village after I participated in work-related solidarity. We drank too much and talked about "the future" and I was comforted to learn that many are disillusioned and are considering going back to school. It was also just comforting to talk about things, react, have people understand. I kept spilling cosmopolitan down my sleeves but didn't care because sloppy is better than anxious.

On Thursday D and I went to see Spamalot (the beginning of my quest to see every musical in NYC). It was really funny. I'd seen Holy Grail once, and figured I wouldn't remember anything but remembered everything. I can't tell if this is from having seen the movie or from witnessing people act it out since high school.

I am re-motivated regarding Music Project du Jour after seeing it. I just have to rethink things a bit. After seeing Spamalot, I am convinced that, as long as the lyrics are funny, the music can suck. Not that it sucked, but the music obviously isn't its strength. I highly recommend seeing it.

I am to see The Producers and The Pajama Game in the next two weeks. I am going to see Low and The PLUG Awards in the next two weeks. I am going to spend money on New York things and nothing else. I am going to turn 30 very soon and will then be a grown up. I guess its timely that all of these big decisions are forced upon me as I am about to turn 30.

Anyway, I am going to brush my teeth and hit the town and shop but not buy anything. Sniff.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: