Sunday, October 16, 2005

Women Are Organic, Men Are Robots

The weekend thus far....

1. a fatal hit and run involving a bus just outside my apartment

2. "Firefly" = awesome! thanks, Banalities

3. a friend being used

4. THE SUN!!!!

5. a sad breakup

6. an engagement of which I approve - I am the first to have seen the ring! yay!

7. hit on by not one but two waitresses?

8. a new friend

9. "we should do this more often." there are so many things i should do more often.

10. lack-of-cab epidemic still in full force. why aren't there any cabs lately?

i love blogging after rum. makes me feel like less of an old-ish lady.

talk to you on monday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, "Firefly" is awesome. Have you seen Serenity yet?

Banalities said...

What did you think of the movie, Euge?

Is it even still playing? How disappointing. I guess it was just fans of the show who went to see it.

In hindsight, I wish they'd have made it a TV miniseries instead. (They'd probably have made more money off of it.) The movie was great, but it just felt too BIG and moved way too fast. I think I prefer my Joss Whedon on a smaller and more leisurely scale.

Reb said...

Whoa,
I must have a follow-up email LL covering this list...

MISS YOU!!!

Leah Lar said...

I saw it last night.

I agree with Banalities. It felt too much like, well, a movie. With a moral and cheesy music I felt that it lacked the quirkiness and pacing of the show. I think the show's strength is that yes, it's sci fi, but its not necessarily ABOUT the sci fi-ness, whereas the movie was VERY sci-fi.

Also, it lacked the character and sweetness of the show.

I liked it, though. Just not as much as the show. I am psyched I didn't finish watching all of the episodes prior to watching "Serenity" because now I still have something to look forward to!