Monday, October 17, 2005

Maybe It's the Nose

When I saw The Boss this morning, he said "Leah Lar, I was flipping through the channels yesterday and 'Pretty Woman' was on, and you know? You look just like Julia Roberts!"

"No I don't," I said.

"No, you really do. You don't think so?"

"No, I really don't."

"Guys, don't you think she does?" he asked Bench Buddy and Newest Guy.

"Well, maybe if you had different hair..."

"Or were taller..."

"Really?" said Boss.

Finally we all said "Well, maybe. Yeah. Sort of!" so as not to hurt his feelings.

I am so very flattered, because as we all know I love Julia. I still wanted to fight him about it, because I obviously look nothing like Julia Roberts. Nothing! I couldn't look less like Julia Roberts. He's wrong, but he was so cute and pleased with himself that we all had to let it go.

This being said, I have a cousin who I think looks like Julia Roberts (nobody else thinks that she does), so I guess that there's a chance that I may look a bit like Julia Roberts. Maybe in the nose.

Or maybe not at all.

4 comments:

Dr. Maureen said...

No, you don't.

Leah Lar said...

I know. Really. Not at all.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the smile?

Dr. Maureen said...

Nope. Not anything. Not even a faint resemblance. Bizarre comparison, really. Funny. (You do look like T's mom, though.)