Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Thank You, Duane

A follow-up to the Noxzema Crisis:

I have figured it out!

During my searches for the alleged Noxzema Triple Clean, I looked at other Noxzema products and started to wonder if I was insane, since the Noxzema products looked nothing like I remembered.

This caused me to wonder if I'd been using Noxzema at all.

I went to Duane Reade last night after a very. long. stressful. most stressful ever. day at work, and thought "If they don't have it, I am going to lose my shit. Do not fail me, Duane Reade. The fate of the universe rests in your hands."

I decided, this time, to be thorough in my search. I looked at all of the Noxzema products. Upon closer inspection, I realized that the Noxzema products were advertising their "Fresh new look!"

AH HA!

They did, thankfully, have the triple clean facial cleanser in its hot new silver/blue tube (much more attractive than the stale, old look, which, if you know what it looked like, tends to remind one of the good ol' 80s).

I imagine the lack of triple clean must have been due to this Noxzema Aesthetic turnover. And no, it's not that I didn't read the labels because I didn't recognize the packaging. I did. Perhaps Noxzema just took longest designing the fresh new look for its star product, and couldn't have the old stale look causing eye stores on shelves with the other new packaging.

So I am psyched, and will hopefully have normal and even skin by the time I get to Buenos Aires, which, incidentally, will be in only a few days!!!

No comments: