Monday, April 25, 2005

Back From The Loo

I am back from The Loo with keys in hand to a new apartment. The lease has been signed. I am still suspicious of how devoid of drama this has been. I am expecting something awful to happen. Darn conditioning. It seems, however, that all is well and that I can start moving things in as soon as I feel so inclined.

Crazy.

Lots going on.

I have to start thinking about what needs to be bought and what needs to be sold and how I can convince D to spend his free time putting up curtain rods and building fabulous systems of shelving. Hopefully these sorts of projects will appeal to his nesting instincts, which, as of late, have been nonapparent.

He said "I have a power drill. I hope you realize how great my power drill is. If not, my power drill is going to seek out more grateful walls."

Yes. Lots of projects and irksome organizational activities such as packing and selling things I love and possibly subletting my room and transporting boxes magically and changing addresses and arranging for electricity and various other nonsense I have no interest in doing but will consume my life for the next few weeks.

That was grammatically atrocious. Please forgive me. Lots on my mind.

I will write about my St. Louis adventure (or, non-adventure, since it was St. Louis) when I have time to upload some photos.

In the meantime, I am off to see The Shins at Webster Hall tonight.

Yeah!

No comments: