Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Things

Man. I feel like I've been out of touch. Cabin fever. General confusion.

Some things:

1. Apparently I have a thing for men with shaved legs. Who knew?

2. I am signing a lease for an apartment on Monday, assuming I can procure some gigantic certified checks this afternoon. I am excited/nervous/panicking/relieved. I need to measure things, buy things, sell things, pack things. I feel like I just finished unpacking. I can't believe I am collecting boxes again. I can't believe that I will be living somewhere else, on my own, in Manhattan, in one month's time. Details forthcoming.

3. I am heading to St. Louis tomorrow. I am going to my brother's thesis exhibition opening. I'm sure a far-too-long photo essay will be awaiting you next week on My Mundane Life In Song.

4. I got tickets for Star Wars Episode III! I could not get tickets for the midnight showing at the best theater in New York, so I will be seeing it, instead, on the night of 5/19 at the best theater in New York. I will not listen to or read anything on 5/19, and will pretend that I, with my hair fashioned like Princess Leia, am seeing it before anyone else.

5. I am starving. My body is still a mess from prep-for-non-surgery, so I should go eat. And sign over my first-born for this apartment. And scramble to finish everything at work so I can leave tomorrow feeling as though I accomplished something in the last two weeks.

Until Monday...

No comments: