Thursday, April 28, 2005

Save The Green Planet

I saw this insane Korean movie last night at the Film Forum called Save the Green Planet.

I don't know if I should recommend this movie. I really enjoyed it but am not sure why, and felt as though I'd taken a physical, emotional, and pyschological beating after watching it.

Some words to describe it:

sentimental
hilarious
violent
bizarre
traumatic
graphic
beautiful
disturbing
deep
insane
crazy
gorgeous
tragic
funny
innovative

There is really no protagonist in this movie. All of the characters, at one point or another, are portrayed as awful. You have, though, sympathy for all of these characters at one point or another.

This movie is completely nuts. But in a good way that I can't articulate at all.

I'm not going to write about the plot (well, here's the basic premise: crazy, blue-collar dude is convinced that the CEO of a major company is an alien and takes it upon himself to kidnap him in order to save the earth). Better that you just read the website and see how insane this all is.

And then go see this movie if you can, because its marvelous.

No comments: