Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Desperate Housewives

I did get almost 8 hours of sleep last night, and consequently had all sorts of lavish dreams involving things like sliding down a three-story slide of folding chairs erected by my friend A's husband, who owned a mall that specialized in dealing art and tuxedos.

I also had a dream in which some bratty 8-year old girl sat on my glasses, broke them, and then refused to be held responsible. I said "Look, kid, you broke these. I can't see a damn thing and they cost a lot of money. You have to pay for them." She said "Look, its your fault" and kept blaming me. I kept saying things like "Kids today!"

But, the reason I am blogging at all about this is because I had one of those dreams in which I was being played by someone else! I love when that happens. In this particular dream, I'd attended a high school reunion of sorts in my actual elementary school gym in a previous dream that night in which I was being played by myself. In this dream, I received a note from a "secret admirer" from the reunion. He refused to identify himself, and said that I'd receive another note at my place of business. I was very excited, trying to think of who it might be. At any rate, I was seated at my desk - apparently I had a desk job that involved an office and large desk with pictures of my children on it - and am handed a letter by my assistant. I knew immediately what the letter was, and winked coyly at my assistant.

This dream was cinematographically rich, and also in black and white. I opened the letter and started reading it. I was so involved that I didn't realize that this grey ash substance was falling from the inside of the letter. I was giggling - apparently I was excited about who it was from. My assistant came in and smiled at me, and asked who it was. I said "Oh, its from..." and then, close up on my assisant who said "OH! MY! GOD!!!!!! CLOSE THE LETTER!" and then a shot from the outside of my office - like picture from a row of cubicles - with a swift zoom-in of my horrified face when I realized what it was.

I screamed.

But mainly because I realized, during this close-up, that I was being played by the man-looking woman from Desperate Housewives.

Wtf? The horror.

Anyway, the ash-looking stuff, which in my dream-mind was originally some sort of weird mold, turned out to be an anthrax outbreak that ended up wiping out my entire office. Because in dreams you can see anthrax.

But really I am more concerned with why I was being played by Felicity Huffman.

No comments: