Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Flannel

I don't have much to say today.

So here are some things I'm thinking about.

The flannel sheets are ON. Very exciting. Unfortunately the change machine in my building is broken, so I couldn't wash the sheets that were on my bed previously so my guests this weekend will have to bring their own sheets. I suck.

I talked to my mother last night, and we talked about Christmas, and she told me not to stress about gifts. She said "We're all grownups - we don't need gifts," but it would be weird to celebrate Christmas without there being any gifts. The thing is that I am the person in the family who's always prepared - I always bring gifts, I'm always on time, I'm always on top of things. This year isn't like that. I have no idea what's going on. And what if nobody else does? There would not be any presents!!! I asked my mother what she wanted, and she wants some crazy insane hardcore knife. It is weird that I will be giving my sweet mother a knife for Christmas. She also wants a new Cuisinart. I wasn't entirely sure what a Cuisinart was but was too ashamed to ask her. No sense in disappointing her even more - I have no babies, no husband, and I don't know what a Cuisinart is. I checked the Cuisinart website this morning, and apparently Cuisinart is a company! I said to Bench Buddy, "If someone said they wanted 'a Cuisinart,' they mean they want a food processor, right?" and Bench Buddy said "Yes, indeed, they do." I said "Dude! Cuisinarts are $100!" thinking that was way too much for a food processor, to which Bench Buddy responded "That's cheap!" Hmmm.

Last night was phone call night. I made 2 of the 20 phone calls that are in the queue. While I was making the second phone call, my friend O from CA called. I didn't answer it. I figured he'd just go in the queue with everyone else. I haven't talked to him in months. In the message he said there is exciting news that doesn't impact my life in any way and that he misses me. I'll probably never find out what the news is. I owe phone calls to people in CO and CA, not to mention people in upsate NY and people in NYC I've been meaning to call who I haven't seen in months. Then there's my brother in St. Loo, and tons of people in MA I haven't talked to since I moved. I am trying not to let it stress me out, but I hate being one of those people who doesn't return phone calls. Again, I suck.

As do men. Roommate had a minor meltdown last night. It wasn't pretty. She brought wine home for the both of us, but I had to turn it down by saying "Dude, I can't function right now, so I really can't drink... again..." but she got a wine glass out anyway and said she'd appreciate it if I put water in it just so she didn't feel like she was drinking alone. I listened, and offered up advice that she actually listened to and followed and said this morning that she felt better. I have so much advice for people who aren't me.

Prescription safety glasses have arrived! Mine are awesome. They look very cute and dorky. Bench Buddy started singing "Wee-oooh I look just like Buddy Holly..." when I put them on. The sideguards are infuriating. I don't see how they can expect us to wear them all day and not go completely insane.

Blog Boy posted on his blog last night that he's questioning his blogging practices. "A friend of mine had an existential freak-out when she read about herself in my blog. I didn't write anything (too) bad about her. But people aren't supposed to question their identities in the world after reading my blog (unless, of course, you're a Republican). They're supposed to say 'Hmmm ... interesting' or, if I've succeeded, have a good laugh. Since the incident, I've been thinking a lot about what is and isn't appropriate to write in my blog." The thing with this dude is that some of the stuff on his blog is true and some is not. I'll probably never talk to him again, but I want him to continue with his blog because the blog is good! This newest post was about his not being sure if he should have the blog anymore, since this is, like, the third time in the blog's existence that someone has been offended by something said about them in his blog. I am assuming that the post was part of the writing that isn't true, but now I am starting to feel bad if he does, indeed, stop writing. That would suck. But he's probably just writing fiction, so whatever.

I am not going to class tonight because I liked the book too much and don't want my feelings about it to be destroyed by overanalysis. I'd much rather go to the movies and then to a birthday party.

The Real World isn't new for three weeks and there is no explanation!!! Wtf!??!?!

I really need a haircut and have no idea when or where I will get one.

OK. Now lunch.

Until next time...

No comments: