Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Sleep

I slept for ten hours last night and that worries me.

I am worried because either I am still sick (which is possible because my ears are really hurting, thus making me paranoid about ear infections, an experience I'd care not to repeat) or my mood is shifting. I don't know which is worse. I think its my mood, though, and I think its because I've been unproductive. I haven't worked on music in forever. I really need to get back to it. Nevertheless...

Ten hours of sleep is cool because you have lots of dreams.

The only one I remember is one where I was moving into a new apartment with two
new roommates - one was fictional and the other was Anna Nicole Smith. The house was a three story home with wall-to-wall carpeting (I think this is based on M's gigantic apartment, which has carpets) that I was orgasmic over. Like I was so thrilled about the carpets and was rolling around on the floors being like "You guys! CARPETS!!!!" The house was built by my fabulous former landlord Joe, who in real life is a saint and who in the dream built all sorts of wall storage for us. He also built an addition on the top of the house so that I had my own master bedroom and bathroom and recording studio. I thought my roommates would be jealous of my suite, but Anna Nicole said "No, don't worry, you need this. We understand." I was then supposed to go to a show at the Middle East or something so I took the train there and was stood up by whoever I was supposed to be meeting. (It also wasn't the Middle East as much as it was a Mexican restaurant.) And then there wasn't a show, but I did meet Jimmy Fallon. So I tried to get back to my house but couldn't find it! I was lost. I kept calling Anna Nicole and she kept saying "You know where it is. You'll find it" but I couldn't. And they were decorating without me and all I wanted to do was see the carpet again.

So I think this is a finding-yourself type of dream, and might be related to the mood issues. Don't know. I think it just indicates that I want "a home" - and that's what the carpets represent. The exact opposite of concrete floors, which is what I have in NY.

No comments: