Monday, November 22, 2004

Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Genre: Emo Drama!
Date: 11.22.04



Description:

I think the song speaks for itself. I'm still sad about this so wrote a song that involves some really bad singing. Things got a little messy (complicated) when I recorded this. The high end is a little too high, and the low end is a little too low so sometimes inaudible. The actual version on an actual piano is much better than the recording. At some point I'll have to go back and record it live. Nevertheless, thanks ladies for listening, and special thanks to N and M for your advice and for, ahem, some of the lyrics.

Lyrics:

Don't ask, don't tell, don't ask, don't tell
Remain delusional

We're chatting, we're sickening, one thing leads to another like it always does
From the way you're behaving I don't think to ask if there's anyone involved but us
I don't know why this happens every time
Over and over we both fucked up
It's hard to let go of your first love

Ten years ago I was your world
Now I'm just a notch in your belt, some skanky girl, a story to tell
From the rooftop I told you I loved you
Then crawled into his bed knowing I'd never say those words to him
Still I pretended he didn't exist
I didn't let myself see your face but I still thought of you in his embrace

You must think I'm desperate, pathetic
I take back all the loving things I said and especially what I did
I trust noone else but you but not today
You're losing me
By forcing me to be who I used to be
Give me the choice, let me decide
I can't believe its come down to this
I never imagined something could end us

We're bad at being friends, cuz we can't be just friends
Lying and lying in a fight
To maintain this bullshit in our lives
I don't know why this happens every time
Over and over we both fucked up
It's hard to let go of your first love

No comments: