Wednesday, November 24, 2004

All Bow to the German-ator

Blog Reference: Karma Officially Trampled (11.16.04); comment by German:

"hi leah,

if you still have problems with your new glasses after
the prescription is fixed, make sure that you take with
you your old specs, and bend the frame with the same angles
as your old one.

I actually had major headaches with my new glasses, then
I went back and the person there just said, oh, we need
to bend them the way your used to. I don't know if I'm
describing it well enough.. but the frames' bent position
can make a HUGE diference.."

I just went to the eyeglasses place.

I threw no fit.

When asked how I was doing ("LEAH! HOW ARE YOU?! We thought you were leaving today for Thanksgiving!" because now we are old friends), I said "I am quite cross, actually." I explained what was now wrong, how I felt about it, and said "I'd like my money back."

They said "Well, we already did two re-do's for no charge."

"The re-do's were not my fault."

"I know, I know, maybe we can give you a store credit..."

"That won't do."

They gave my glasses to the lens-making-man to look at. He claimed that the new glasses were the same exact prescription as the old glasses. I said "No, because I can't see out of the new ones and get crazy headaches."

He gave them to the doctor, who also said "These are the same prescription."

"But I can't see!"

"But its the same."

"But I can't see. See, I get bad headaches. And everything is wavy. And I can't see."

"I don't know. They are the same."

"BUT THEY DON'T WORK!"

"Maybe you need a different frame or something. We'll get a new frame." For the love of god. The lenses with the chip in that exact frame worked fine.

Then... like magic... a German shaped puppet appeared in my mind (think Team America)and I thought "Wait! German said that maybe... just maybe... if you bend your glasses a certain way, they will magically work!"

Just as I thought this, the doctor said "Or, perhaps its the angle..."

"Might you try to bend them?"

"We'll see what we can do."

He disappeared for about five minutes, returned, and voila! I could see.

They said "You're just very sensitive to your prescription."

Yes. I am very sensitive to being able to see appropriately. They said "Make sure you don't drop those because then you won't be able to see" as though its my fault that the angle was weird.

Whatever.

At least now I won't have to ever go back there or hopefully to any eye type place for the next few years.

And it has been confirmed, once more, that German is brilliant.

And that blogs are useful.

No comments: