Friday, November 03, 2006

Wondering

I am wondering if $20 is too much to spend on a Phil Collins mousepad as a joke gift for a coworker. Is it? I think the funny is worth $20. But oh the things I could with $20. I just sold shelves via Craigslist last night for $20 and don't think that shelves are of the same worth as a Phil Collins mousepad.

I am also wondering if I am truly lame for having a favorite restaurant in the city that I go to all the time. There are no fewer than 18 zillion restaurants that I have yet to try yet I insist on eating the Latin Scramble for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and insist upon dragging out-of-town guests there. There's something to be said for being a regular. I know what's good (it's all good), I know what it will cost (cheap!), I know when to go to avoid crowds. I still, however, feel lame.

In addition, I am wondering why small free newspapers have to make news out of everything. For example, I read this morning that NYC is considering installing traffic lights that indicate to pedestrians how much time they have to walk across the street before they will be run down by a cab! Whoa! They have installed one in each of the five boroughs on a trial basis! That means that there are now five of them total in the entire city! How newsworthy! I am wondering, though, is it someone's job to stand there to see if pedestrians prefer the countdown to guessing and freaking out and nearly dying every time they cross the street? Is there someone standing on each side of the intersection with a survey asking pedestrians to rate their level of perceived safety? Will they install more of them only if nobody gets killed at these intersections? How long will the trials last? And why is this a big deal? Aren't these everywhere else in the world? I don't know. I'm pretty sure they're going to work.

I am obsessing over Yahoo Beta. I don't know how I ever lived without its tabs.

I am busily appreciating The Boss today and knocked on his office door to tell him so. I don't know what possessed me. Sometimes I am overcome with affection and feel the need to tell people. I also compulsively feel the need to make sure that awesome people feel awesome about themselves.

I am very excited about Borat and Volver.

I am excited to have learned that Gap online has pants for short people. Yes, readers, I shop at the Gap. But only for pants! Because of desperation! I'm not proud of this, but a girl needs pants.

I have straight hair today because I got up early so that I could have straight hair.

It's the weekend and I have no idea what's going on because this weekend's visitor isn't mine. Hopefully pants and Photo Expo and one or two movies and many good meals that may or may not involve Latin Scrambles.

I feel like I'm waiting for something but I'm not really sure what it is.

And on that note... I think I want to start my weekend.

Have wonderful days off, folks.

No comments: