Monday, October 30, 2006

Breaking In Is Hard To Do

Here are some good and bad things about the weekend:

The Good:
1. Rather than steal my wallet, a kind man on the street tapped me on the shoulder to inform me that my bag was open.
2. The Puffy Chair. I want to be a Duplass.
3. Clean clothes... and sheets!
4. Finishing a song that I love and getting positive feedback.
5. Breaking in Fluevogs.
6. Rain not actually raining.
7. Gael Garcia Bernal in Babel.
8. The wedding and club scene in Babel.
9. Thinking about characters over a frittata.
10. Barbie photo shoot.
11. Dreaming about lunch with Clive Owen and Jude Law.
12. An extra hour of sleep.
13. An art project accomplished!
14. Wandering aimlessly.
15. Wandering aimlessly and ending up at a musical.
16. Spontaneity!
17. Crying as soon as Try To Remember began, and realizing that I wasn’t the only one.
18. The author is in the musical! Oh my!
19. Dinner with NR.
20. A phone call to keep me company walking across the island.
21. Very very very exciting email received.
22. Practicing because maybe, maybe, maybe this can happen.
23. My own reunion and something to the effect of “I realized how empty things were before I met you. I wish I met you sooner, but not really, because then we probably would have broken up.”
24. Catching up because three days somehow feel like eternity.
25. Discussing how it is weird how three days somehow feel like eternity.
26. Feeling truly loved.
27. Feeling hope.
28. Smiling and staying up too late and not caring at all.

Here are some not-wonderful things about the weekend:

1. No plain paper towels. Why must they all have cornucopias on them?
2. I saw a preview for a movie involving yet another Culkin. There seems to be an endless supply of them for the world to mess up.
3. People not following through with a Craigslist purchase.
4. The Gap sucking (even moreso than usual) and changing their sizes such that I can no longer fit into even the smallest pair of pants they sell. Where am I supposed to get pants? I’m not complaining about being small. I am aware that it is far worse to be tall – you cannot make clothes bigger and it is relatively easy to make them smaller. But I would like, for once, to just find clothes that fit.
5. Subsequent body image issues and near-tears.
6. Breaking in Fluevogs. Stairs are not easy.
7. Feeling a bit aimless.
8. Feeling a bit lonely and therefore feeling a bit like a loser.
9. Gael Garcia Bernal in The King. The movie was raw torture. Not his fault, I still love him.
10. Parting ways with the Barbie McDonald’s.
11. Missing M's phone call.
12. Dreaming about being cheated on.
13. Being desperate in dream about lunch with Clive Owen and Jude Law and wanting Jude Law to notice me and not knowing how to get him to notice me because for some inexplicable reason the awesome leg warmers I was wearing in the dream were ineffective.
14. Portion of art project on the floor.
15. Exciting email causing induction of immediate ulcer and reevaluating of life.
16. Weekend not being long enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What in the hell are Fluevogs?