Monday, June 19, 2006

Bialyschtockkkk and Blooooommmmeeee.....

Yes, I watched The Producers last night (well, I started watching it) and it was amazing. I have decided that were life in musical form, we'd be far happier as a society.

The potential of My Mundane Life In Song has yet to be realized.

Soon, soon, so soon will I have K's keyboard and then inspiration will be mine again!

An alternative, however, is to soon have Matthew Broderick following me around, failing to age, singing with complete earnesty while providing the soundtrack to my life.

I love the scene where he's at his accounting firm and the accountants are all singing "Unhappy..."

Speaking of which: does anyone know why accountants wore visors?

I am thinking I may want to buy a visor as part of my complete wardrobe overhaul in preparation for my trip to London/Valencia, which is next week. How did that happen? I am unprepared. I have no weather-appropriate clothing, nor have I done any research as to what I might like to do while being in Europe for the first time ever.

The good news is that I am prepared hair-wise, as the new haircut, which is still the talk of the lab (which makes me happy as today it is back to its crazy and unpredictable normalcy), has withstood the weekend and looks good in a ponytail, buns, and down with or without barrettes. Woo hoo! All praise the fancy haircut that would be worth whatever they normally charge were someone to have enough money to pay for a normally charged haircut.

I am having The Photography Gals over for dinner tonight. I am feeling a bit uptight about the during-the-week dinner party. I am trying new things, including a creamy pesto sauce which couldn't possibly be more difficult than normal pesto, right? I am throwing together a salad with mixed greens, goat cheese, honeyed pecans, and pear. I don't see how that could go wrong aside from the dressing, which will be a balsamic vinegar/honey concoction suggested by D's cousin. I had every intention to make homemade ricotta gnocchi as I have been in the mood for a pasta pyramid as of late and miss gnocchi (I miss those stupid overly starchy potatoes in general!), but didn't because it was 12,000 degrees and also because D's cousin was spontaneously in town and expensed a fancy dinner for us last night. We will also be having brie and grapes and crackers and breads and wines and then... cupcakes. Hopefully this will all take place on the roof but the weather is looking bleak.

I dreamt about the dinner party last night, and pasta that wouldn't boil and pesto that wouldn't heat and not having enough seating and there being a zillion flights of stairs to navigate in order for people to get onto the roof which turned not to be a roof at all but a scary attic that everyone loathed, and, most importantly, being extremely anxious about the dinner because Al Gore was invited and was going to show up late and I wanted everyone to be on their best behavior but people would not cooperate nor would they understand that it was very exciting for me that Al Gore was coming to my dinner party!

It's been so long since I've had a dream about Al Gore. The crush apparently persists. I want D and I to go to a taping of Saturday Night Live because why not? We were discussing which guest we'd be most excited about, and I was like "Dude, if we attend an Al Gore episode I am. going. to. DIE."

And now I must eat lunch, a big lunch, to tide me over until tonight when I will have people over for a late dinner that will be delicious. Right? It will be. It will be. Yes, it will be.

No comments: