Thursday, June 22, 2006

Sympathy Sore Throat

I can't tell if I just have a sympathy (paranoid) sore throat or if I actually have the sickness from which D is currently ailing.

He's at home sick, watching cycling and lamenting not "being productive."

He stayed home yesterday and cleaned the apartment and went to the library to get books about London and CD's from which to learn Italian (bless him). I said "You should be relaxing! You can't stay sick! We are leaving for London in less than a week! You must take naps and drink fluids and do nothing and don't even think about going cycling!"

Today he is taking it easy, allowing the antbiotics to work. I am trying to be a good girlfriend and roommate and bring him things he needs like juices not from concentrate and bread so he doesn't have to just eat cheese rolled around meat. He keeps saying "I'll get it" and I have to be like "STAY IN BED GODDAMIT!"

My glands are swollen, definitely. I think I am starting to get sick but I will not allow it. I will go to bed early and take care of myself, because I am a woman and don't have pride when it comes to being sick. I admit that I am sick and will behave accordingly instead of going about business as usual and therefore ensuring a full-on illness.

Plus, I can't take a sick day. There is too much work to be done, and I literally won't have time to go to the doctor for antibiotics of my very own until Wednesday.

Ugh. I cannot get sick. I will not allow it!

No comments: