Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Long Weekend Too Short - Part II

- Woke up and tried to arrange accupuncture for my ailing boyfriend, massage for our stressed out backs, some manner of waxing but came up empty as we did not plan ahead.

- Decided instead to head to a recommended diner that claimed to serve brunch but did not. Luckily they had a breakfast burrito that was available all day, but only by request and only noncommittally, as in "I'll have to check with the cook..." as though scrambled eggs are impossible to concoct at 1:00 pm.

- Stopped by a weird manufacturing plant of some sort that enticed us on our way to the diner but had to turn around as it was "private property."

- Engaged in a hilarious game of mini golf where I, for the first time in my life, was slightly better than D at something. He schools me at all manner of everything, from music to art to life in general but when he said "I suck at mini golf" he apparently meant it, because I suck at mini golf but still beat him by a substantial margin even after having hit my ball straight off the course. Bizarrely a girl at another hole managed to get an accidental hole in one on our hole. We shared a laugh. We had much fun.

- Stopped by an ice cream stand and ordered smalls (cheating, yes, but I was on vacation!) that were completely insurmountable. We had to throw away about 2/3 of the ice cream in order to get to our coveted cones. This solved the "Why is everyone here so obese?" mystery that had been plaguing us all day.

- Headed into Williamstown to go to The Williams Art Museum, which was utterly lovely and perfectly sized.

- Blazed back to the hotel because D wanted to floss.

- Headed into Northampton (unchanged, thank god, because I couldn't have taken it had it been altered!) and determined, again, that we want to live there but what on earth will we do for jobs?! Headed to Turn It Up, which D deemd "a bad record store," and then met up with M, A, and H for dinner at Spaghetti Freddy's, where there was mysteriously no wait and where the breadsticks remain miraculous. Seriously. Yes, the entire contents of my dinner were dietarily unacceptable but vacation! I suffered for it, but it was worth it.

- Back at the hotel we passed out after attempting, again, to watch Clive Owen.

No comments: