Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Lame People

Some other lame people I've encountered whilst trying to rent my apartment:

"Well, seeing this apartment just confirms that I need to increase my budget for rent."

"Ummm... I actually just walked by your apartment and decided I'm not even going to come up because... well... the area."

"No, no, this just won't do. To tell you the truth, I wasn't even interested in this place. It's just on my way home. I don't think you'll have a hard time renting it, though. I just couldn't live here. Why not? Well, I want my friends to visit me and nobody would visit here. I mean, this area just isn't cool enough. I mean, how would I convince my friends to hang out here? I have to live in the East Village or something. And really, money is no object for me so why would I live here?"

(Note: this guy was totally a smug business tool aged approximately 25, to whom I wanted to say "You and your friends suck, and they clearly don't like you very much, since they won't visit you unless your apartment meets certain criteria, but then again, I don't see how anyone could actually like you for you, so I guess I understand where they're coming from.")

"NO! TOO SMALL!" said the girl in her pointy high heels and too-much makeup and impeccable hair, in just enough time before I tackled her and her pointy-heeled friend for fear of their leaving small bitchy little dents in my spotless apartment.

(Note: literally, that's all she said after saying "hello.")

Ugh. It is nice that none of these people liked my apartment, because if they had I'd have been conflicted as I don't want any of these types of people to live there.

Not everyone has been this lame. There have been lukewarm people and charming people and people I'd love to befriend.

But not these people. These people suck, and not because they don't like my apartment. They just suck, and they don't deserve to live in my apartment anyway. Hmph.

No comments: