Thursday, December 01, 2005

It Has Begun

I love Christmas carols.

I really do.

But listening to them non-stop? All day? For the next 24 days!??!?!

No.

I can't do it.

I do like, however, when random people walk by and start doing their renditions of Wham's Last Christmas.

I said "Hey! You know what we should do? For the purpose of morale? Have an interdepartmental Christmas Carol Challenge!!!"

I know, I know, not everyone celebrates Christmas. But everyone celebrates Wham, right?

We just listened to someone who sounds like Whitney Houston (I think it was Whitney Houston) doing Do You Hear What I Hear. There was a Bryan Adams Christmas carol today with the worst lyrics I've ever heard. I think Bing Crosby is singing right now.

Christmas carols have been all day.

Consequently there has been discussion of things like snow and and the Holiday Party (which is tomorrow!) and Christmas specials. Someone said "I think the Burl Ives snowman looks Asian."

I can't take another month of this.

8 comments:

Dr. Maureen said...

I believe it is pronounced "Wham!".

Banalities said...

Whenever I hear that song, the theme song to 'Charles in Charge' gets stuck in my head.

I don't know why, and I don't know how, and I've never heard of any other instance of this kind of associative stickiness thing, but that's how it is.

Banalities said...

Damn it. It's stuck in my head now.

Leah Lar said...

DAMN YOU.

We will sing the theme song to "Charles in Charge" at the Christmas party, just for you!

Anonymous said...

Have you heard Aimee Mann's rendition of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"?

I'm sure it has been the cause of many holiday suicides.

nithya said...

"The River" by Joni Mitchell..how's that for a depressing x-mas tune? (...OR there's Elliott Smith's rendering of "My Favorite Things")

but, yeah, it could be worse. but why is the "Growing Pains" song in my head instead of "Charles in Charge"??

i think leah lar needs to write a holiday song.

Leah Lar said...

challenge accepted, miss nithya. watch out!!!!

nithya said...

Shhhweeet!