Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Playing House

I discovered last night that my general outlook on life is exactly correlated with how well I do in photography class.

I don't know if this distills down to some 3rd-grade-teacher's-pet mentality I still hold onto (the desire to please, or the desire for attention), or simply to ego, or, more likely, to hope.

Regardless, as soon as the words "sophisticated" and "fantastic" were used, my mood improved drastically.

Seeing him happy and enthusiastic made me happy and enthusiastic. Knowing that I was the cause of happiness and enthusiasm made me feel relief. Hearing him say "I need you to shoot more because I can't wait to see how you handle it..." made me see a way out.

I nearly skipped home after class, happy again and eager to tell D about everything.

D was at my apartment when I arrived, and he'd cooked dinner! I gave him a million kisses and appreciative words and said "I could get used to this." A long day isn't so bad when there's someone fabulous waiting for you on the other end.

He said "Do you want your surprise?" after I'd settled down a bit. I'd forgotten entirely. From a plastic bag he produced a copy of The Pajama Game on DVD! "I know it's not Harry but..." "It's so much better!" I said and gave him a million more kisses.

We ate dinner and smiled and talked about a plane trip vs. road trip and then watched the first Harry Potter. (Sidenote: I've seen the previews for the new HP and it looks awesome - the special effects look amazing! and I am wondering why the special effects in the first one were so very terrible!)

And then we read.

And then we fell asleep.

The point of all of this? I can't believe I love playing house.

Nobody ever could have predicted this!

Tee hee.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Photography classes rock. I miss photography class... the last one I took was in high school. Ah, those were the days. You should be posting your assignments! I am curious, what does the teacher tell you to shoot?

Leah Lar said...

We don't shoot anything specific. It's more like technical assignments and we can shoot whatever we want. So that's cool, because we get to look at a lot of different photos. This week was review for our big end-of-the-class show! Which reminds me that I have to have 8x10's made and get some mattes. Fun!

Lissa said...

Harry Potter 1 and 2 were done by Chris Columbus, and the last one and the new one are done by Alfonso CuarĂ³n. I think that Alfonso was more brave to manifest his interpretation of the book. Chris seemed to have taken a boring/safe approach as to not upset devoted readers.

The books do get scarier and more daring... I'm glad the movies did too.

Lissa said...

ps: I won't write on your site anymore if you find it annoying...

Leah Lar said...

Awww Lissa.... I welcome your comments!