Thursday, October 06, 2005

Quality Time

Ever appreciative that my IPod survived the Cranberry Juice Fiasco, I have been trying to spend as much quality time with it as possible.

En route to D's last night, I didn't have anything to read and was suffering from attention deficit, so I decided to play games. I hadn't played a game on my IPod since one of the many try-to-get-the-loft-trips to NYC last summer with Former Roommate, who played Solitaire on her IPod on the train. I said "What are you doing?" "Playing Solitaire." "How?" "What do you mean?" "How did you get a game on your Ipod?" "It comes with games." "Oh."

It apparently also has an address book and other non-music related features that are not interesting enough to me to merit my learning more about them.

I played Solitatire for about two seconds and got frustrated with it. I don't like the weird little hand that appears over the cards. I don't like the action. It just isn't fun.

I decided to see what else it has, and it has this music trivia game! It randomly selects a song and starts playing it, and gives you five multiple choice options for the name of the song! Awesome! I got, like, 1 out of 7 right. This is because I own too much music, and also because I don't know the names of any songs.

The reason I bring this all up is because, at random, IPod picked a song that I'd never even heard before! It was on a mix that Stupid A gave me last April. I listened to his mixes nonstop when things were good, but somehow managed to miss this song. It must have been at the end of one of the mixes, or maybe I thought the beginning of it was boring so skipped it.

It's awesome! It's my new favorite song!!! I love it! Thank you, IPod, for surviving and making me aware of this song. And you know what? If I'd lost the IPod forever, I'd never have heard this song because I didn't keep the mixes on CD.

Yay!!!

I am going to cover this song for My Mundane Life In Song, so watch out!!!

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Yay a song!