Friday, February 25, 2005

Legos Make Everything Better

I spent the morning in the ER with D.

I don't know what's going on. All I know is that watching the person you love suffer is worse than suffering yourself and that the unknown is fucking scary.

I also know that it is ridiculous that they show talk shows in the emergency room. While I was there, I watched agitated people on Jerry Springer kick the crap out of each other. I then watched the guests of Maury Povich cry and slip into fits of hysteria. I kept wishing they'd put on the fishtank channel. I think people in hospital waiting rooms need serenity, not violence.

I also know that I am now back at work trying to get eight hours of work done in four hours while D is still at the hospital just waiting around feeling fine and hoping to get a fabulous magnetic picture of his brain.

Oooh! He just called and is having an MRI at 9:00. I can't believe we got there at 11:00 am and he's just going to get it at 9:00 pm. There is something thrilling and adorable about our plan to have me smuggle food into him during visitor's hours, which go from 8:00 to 8:15 pm.

In spite of being tense and emo today, I laughed like an idiot at the following:

http://www.koreus.com/files/200408/lego_thriller.html

You have to watch the entire thing, or at least until the dance number about 2/3 of the way through.

Have a nice weekend.

I will try to enjoy mine and not indulge my ulcer.

No comments: