Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Obligatory Snoop Dogg Post Of The Week

Last night at the holiday party there was a spurt of time during which songs such as "Brown Eyed Girl" and "December '63" or "Oh, What A Night!" or whatever that god awful song is called were being played. Needless to say I immediately slipped into a snobby mood and exclaimed "What is this guy doing?!?!"

Bench Buddy said "It's as though he can only play a good song every third song. He's going between dance hall and bad wedding without remorse!"

I said "I am going to request some hip hop."

Bench Buddy said "Since the odds of him playing indie pop are pretty slim, I think that's a great idea."

I ran up the stairs and basically ran into the DJ booth and said "So... what do I have to do to get you to play 'Drop It Like It's Hot?'"

He started at me and said, slowly, "Thank you."

"What?"

"Thank you. You have no idea how big the aching in my soul has gotten having to play this music."

Awshummmm.

I then asked him if he could follow it with "Nuthin But A G Thang" and then "Hypnotize," but he was convinced the crowd wouldn't be able to deal.

So he played one verse of "Drop It Like It's Hot" about two hours after my request was made and after I'd been dropped on my face.

Apparently it is 23 degrees outside right now. Might be time for the winter hat. Which reminds me that I should probably go to work.

Until next time...

No comments: