Friday, December 17, 2004

Chocolate Martini

Apparently drinking chocolate martinis is a bad idea when you'd like to sleep after drinking them.

But they taste really good.

Right now I am on hold with my health insurance company in order to inform them that I did not ever receive a cleaning at that god awful dentist's office near Times Square. It pains me that my insurance company gave them $65 for a cleaning I never had.

Yesterday was a good day. My mother's cousin P is in the restaurant business and is, bizarrely enough, involved in the opening of a bunch of Anna's-like-restaurants in NYC! He invited me and some friends to a free preview event at their newest location yesterday. Eating that burrito for lunch was bliss. It was as good as Anna's! And free! And the even better news is that they're opening one a block away from my company!!! Free burritos! All the time!!! AHHHH!!!!!

He met us out last night for drinks, which was lovely. P bears a striking resemblance to my mother's mother and aunts. It felt nice to look at something so familiar. It's also nice, at a time when my family is going through something very sad, to be able to share my feelings with someone who understands.

The operator just told me that they will have to call me back due to high call volume. How frustrating.

I didn't really sleep last night. It was probably because of chocolate martinis and family and happiness and sadness and Christmas presents in the mail and dentists and those lovely 8th-grade butterflies again. I feel like ass today, which is unfortunate because today is the departmental lunch at a fancy secret location, not to mention Bench Buddy's indie rock listening / hip hop dance party is this evening. I am responsible for the hip hop dance party portion of the festivities. I will be playing Drop It Like It's Hot on repeat. Hopefully I'll have time for playlist-making and napping tonight before I head to his loft, and hopefully my stomach will be appeased by whatever secret food I'll be eating within the next hour.

I am going to spend some quality time with my lab notebook now before we embark on our secret journey.

Until next time...

2 comments:

nithya said...

Glad to hear the burrito quest has come to end! Chipotle's, right?

Mmmmmmmm...

Dr. Maureen said...

Anna's was in Boston Magazine "Best of Boston" this month.

M