Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Roswell

A friend of mine sent me this email the other day and I'd like to share it with you because it cracked me up. This person consented to this, so don't get on my case!

I had a dream last night that finally answers the question "How can you and I have sex with me being in a 'loving' relationship?" The Answer: We just need to get abducted by aliens!!! I know it sounds crazy, but hear me out. In the dream, you and I were driving in some desert, when the cliché alien lights appeared over our car. We were sucked up into the ship, and the aliens explained that their technology is fueled by human dreams (or some other nonsense), so they hooked us into the machine, took what they needed, and then said they were going to wipe our memories and bring us back to earth. Then, the brilliance... we reasoned out that if we didn't remember hooking up, then when we got back to earth, it wouldn't have technically happened. We explained our plans to the understanding and accommodating aliens, who left us alone in the dream-sucking chamber...

I think the sci-fi sex dream is funny and elaborate and far better than the dreams I've been having about unpacking stuff. I also think its cute how he thinks this particular question needs to be addressed. And equally cute that his subconscious would rather be abducted by aliens than be monogamous. Oh, boys, you never cease to entertain me!

This friend wants me to write a song about him. I think I'll just adapt the lyrics from this email verbatim. So stay tuned...



No comments: