Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Goods are good

I have a timer! And a power supply! And two fabulous blue calculators!!!! Now all I need is a vortex genie, a microfuge, and lab tape, and I'll be the happiest girl this side of the East River.

I also bought a red hoodie yesterday. I am wearing it now and it makes me happy.

I recorded last night for the first time in the new place. I still have problems with tempo, but all in all, it went remarkably well considering I've been away from it for months. Hopefully the loft will be connected by the end of the week, at which time I will, gasp, post a song! I can't freaking wait. Maybe then I will feel somewhat normal.

I'll also be able to post photos from my parents' visit. My father literally took 400 pictures while they were here. It's extremely annoying while he's doing it, but he's an amazing photographer and when its all said and done, I am thrilled to have the pictures he's taken.

Their visit was great. At first they were like "You live here? We're taking you home immediately" and they weren't kidding. I said "Could you possibly be any less supportive?"

By the end of the weekend they were enamored with NYC. Of course they were. How could you not be? This is what we did:

1. Ordered food on Friday night and stayed in - $20 for 4 people to eat - Williamsburg, I love you! This was a FIND because this place has amazing potato knishes for only $1.50!

2. Brunch on Saturday at this cool hipster place in Williamsburg that I've now eaten at three times.

3. Times Square - chaos! Naked Cowboy, Nasdaq, lights, taxis, madness! I bought a fabulous pair of pink sparkly sunglasses at the flea market.

4. Rockefeller Center.

5. Central Park - got lost, because you always do, but managed to find Strawberry Fields and the Dakota, which I knew my father would dig.

6. WTC site - really depressing, but you have to go. I'd never been. It's just, well, empty.

7. Dinner in Little Italy which happened to be during the Feast of St. Genarro - I was worried about the parents because there were literally people packed in solid for blocks - but they loved it. Very different from feasts in the North End - rides, hip hop, crazy vendors. And of course I fell in love with Deep Fried Oreos.

8. Hung out on the pier at the base of the Brooklyn Bridge - while there, we saw this violinist from Vienna recording a music video. The guy was unbelievably good. My father took approximately 44 pictures of him as well as three movies using his digital camera.

9. Walked halfway across the Brooklyn Bridge since my father's feet were killing him after all the walking from the day before.

10. Went grocery shopping - found my Tropicana Twister! All is right in the world! Also went to Target, which was insane because its two stories but there is no elevator, so you have to put your cart on this weird escalator/conveyer belt which isn't always functional; needless to say I just carried my stuff around in my hands.

We had a really good time. I was sad to see them go. But since they are smitten, I know we'll do it again.

Photos coming soon....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goods ARE good! Perhaps it's the feel good molecules and the calculators bonding, causing really annoying commercial levels to rise.....Sorry.

I'd love to see some of those awesome pictures that your dad took...

jansell