Monday, August 01, 2005

And Yet Another Weekend Has Passed and I Still Haven't Worked on Music

But that is ok, because it was a really good weekend.

Because I really feel like I live in NYC.

D and I went on a date on Friday night. We went to this pretty lame exhibit at the Spanish American Society, but luckily followed it with a trip to the Whitney, which has the most amazing exhibit ever. It blew my mind. I feel as though I am suddenly into art. Maybe I was just waiting for my world to be shaken. When I saw these paintings, I literally gasped.

The Whitney rules. You should all go there. Often.

After a small break in Central Park, we headed back to my apartment where we cooked dinner and watched "Thelma and Louise," which neither of us had seen before. Overrated, but cute anyway.

On Saturday I went to see "The Aristrocrats" with E after playing piano for a bit and not making any phone calls. That movie is fun-neeee. I highly recommend it. It was vulgar and profane and original and entertaining and a fabulous laugh. Go see it!

I then headed to D's for dinner. He made Vietnamese crepes. We then went for a walk along the river and then started watching "Short Cuts," which is one of my favorite movies of all time. Needless to say we didn't make it through the entirety of the film, given that its very very very long.

On Sunday I met R for brunch at Cafe Juanita, which serves brunch and FOUR ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES for a mere $15! It was good. We got good and drunk (readers, I had only one peach margherita and I was ALL SET) and had a fabulous conversation about how we will be better New Yorkers from now on and force one another to live the lives we thought we'd always have here. R and I have much in common and it makes me very happy. We then met up with D, who was selling and buying CD's. D and I were supposed to go to P.S.1 for more art, but instead D invited us over to R's for a cold beverage.

We ended up drinking lemoncello (yes!) and getting more drunk, while we waited for R's girlfriend J to turn up.

D and I then headed to The Bronx to have dinner with LL and some of her friends at an Italian restaurant.

It was a busy weekend, and I accomplished nothing, but I don't really care, because it was much fun.

And here are some photos from this weekend:

Buildings

New Jersey

Invasion

Shopping

Legos

No comments: