Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The Weekend Looked Like This....

Photo Collage 6.21.05

The weekend was:

Drinks on Bench Buddy's roof, followed by much drunkenness and inadvertent honesty and feeling as though I actually have friends. We went to see The Forms at Lit and I was unimpressed. R was far more unimpressed than I was, to the point where he and Bench Buddy fought. I have never seen Bench Buddy so giddy with delight, which is why I didn't feel like I had to explain how/why I thought it sucked. I just said "Wasn't my scene, sorry."

Saturday was walking in Manhattan. On my way to Eyebeam I saw a truck unloading tropical-looking trees that were "for rent." Eyebeam itself was, well, yeah. Perhaps I don't really care what a color sounds like. I spent my time there either tripping or feeling elated that I didn't bring my parents there last weekend.

Next was the Comic Con. I met E there to see the costume contest, which was adorable (I clapped loudest for The Ghostbusters, who ended up winning, due to authenticity and effort!; the little Anakin kid was, however, the cutest thing ever but I didn't vote for him because I felt that he must have been being exploited by his parents). Aerosith was a disappointment. Prior to their set, I thought "It's going to be really impressive to see people play instruments while in costume!" Apparently that would have been too impressive, since they didn't actually play instruments. They put on a tape and pretended to play. How middle school lip-sync contest of them! Not even, since they were wearing masks.

I then headed to Macy's, where I purchased a dress for The Argentina Wedding! Woo hoo. I did not, however, purchase a wrap since wraps apparently cost more than dresses. I'll just freeze.

I then went home and got 14 hours of sleep.

Sunday was comprised of repeated attempts to go to the MOMA for the Lee Friedlander exhibit that were foiled by my mood or by phone calls. Both the mood and phone calls needed to be dealt with, so the wasted day was worth it. I still haven't caught up on all phone calls, but progress is being made.

SM arrived on Sunday night and we went out and said things like "I forgot how you are..." and "You've changed... and it's good." I drank watermelon martinis with actual pieces of watermelon in them and was feeling hap py until the following morning. D met us and I witnessed his being nervous for the first time ever. It was endearing, and it is good that yet another friend approves.

Which brings me to the week, which I will write about shortly...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They played a tape and pretended to play?? That is the lamest thing ever. What was on the tape? Was it their own music?

Leah Lar said...

It was so very lame! There wasn't even a sound system in the room they were playing in, so they literally had a tape deck ON THE STAGE. Ridiculous.

What was it... well, it was basically pre-existing songs such as, hmmmm, I think one of them was like "Whip It" or something, with Star Wars related samples over it. So a lot of sampled, looped, Emperor-phrases.

E - if you are reading this, do you remember any of the songs?

Anonymous said...

Whip it?? So it wasn't even them doing Whip it? It was just Devo with wookie sounds or something spliced into the tape? Ouch.

Beth said...

I love geeks! The ghostbusters are so adorable and I like the dork in the batman costume. Sigh. Nerd love.

Anonymous said...

Man, I can't remember any of the songs. I guess I just blocked out the whole experience.