Friday, June 17, 2005

Friday! Happy!

R was just in our bay and conversation turned to Karate Kid. R said "Yeah, and Hillary Swank was in Karate Kid 3."

Bench Buddy and I quickly jumped on him and said "No! That was The Next Karate Kid. Karate Kid 3 was a different movie entirely."

R looked at us in horror. Had he possibly missed a Karate Kid? Bench Buddy quickly and impressively recounted the entire plot of Karate Kid 3.

R said "The craziest thing is that Pat Morita was in it."

I said "Why is that crazy?"

Bench Buddy said "What else would Pat Morita be in?"

I said "A Happy Days movie? That would rule."

R, instantly consumed by venom, said "No movie of a TV show should ever be made ever again!"

Bench Buddy, without missing a beat said, "Yeah, but what would think of a Saved By The Bell movie?"

R lit up and said "Yeah, I guess that would be awesome."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was on the train this morning and there was an ad for the Bronx Zoo, and the ad said something like "Now your kids can ride giant bugs!" and showed a little girl riding a giant grasshopper on a carousel.

I am totally freaked out.

More like "Now your kids can get really freaked out by gigantic hideous bugs!"

Seriously. I can't think of anything more horrifying.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still have a pet peeve about people who press elevator buttons after they've clearly already been pressed.

What is more annoying is when like 20 people are in the lobby waiting for an elevator and somebody comes and thinks that if they press the button 100 times really quickly and with anger that they will be able to summon the elevator in a way that nobody else could.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had karaoke dreams last night. Sigh. I dreamt about Sid from Sid Karaoke. I need to do karaoke soon. Maybe when I am in Boston....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's Friday. I am so happy. This weekend is going to rule. I am free this weekend of visitors and boyfriend, so I will see galleries and go to the Comic Con to see Aerosith and watch movies and clean my apartment in anticipation of visitors and get lots of sleep. Tonight I will drink on Bench Buddy's roof, looking cute with new purple glasses with pink rhinestones, after checking out the Mr. T exhibit.

Have a nice weekend!

No comments: